Use of propolis complexed with beta-cyclodextrin in infirmary fabrics
The demand for sterilisation of fabrics used in infirmaries is a immense job in the medical country. The fabrics used are by and large made of cotton, which can ensue in accretion of atoms, diminishing their effectivity in the protection against micro-organisms. Presents, are available in the fabric market, goods that are made from disposable non-woven which can supply a high protection against micro-organism. However, these have a high cost and a high environmental impact ( RAMOS, 2003 ) .
My proposal is to make a infirmary fabric capable to mime the biological protection provided by the propolis to the beehive. This protection will increase the protection efficiency and cut down the lavation, drying and sterilisation costs. Besides, it will cut down the environmental impacts caused by the incineration of the stuff after the utile life period.
Therefore, it is besides necessary to utilize the complexation belongingss of molecules and interaction with fabrics articles provided by the ?-cyclodextrin.
Propolis is the generic term used to find a pitchy stuff collected by bees from assorted beginnings, protecting them against insects and micro-organisms. This rosin composing has a composite formed by gluey stuff and balsamic, collected chiefly in workss. Its extraction is done at 70 ° C, normally utilizing intoxicant.
Its chemical composing varies from part to part, with the aromatic compounds and basic flavonoid for usage as an antimicrobic agent, fungicide, antiprotozoal, antiviral and disinfectant, besides showing anti-inflammatory and mending features.
Cyclodextrin ( CDs ) are cyclic oligosaccharides dwelling of D-glucopyranose units joined by ?-1,4 glycosidic bonds and is hence besides known as rhythm amylases. These constructions are obtained from the enzymatic debasement of amylum by the action of glycosyl transferase ( LOFTSSONet Al., 2002 ) . The highest output obtained with Cadmiums are normally known as natural Cadmiums and contains six, seven or eight glucose units, termed ?-cyclodextrin ( ?CD ) , ?-cyclodextrin ( ?CD ) , and ?-cyclodextrin ( ?CD ) , severally ( PERIN, 2011 ) , being employed in several countries and pointed, of all receptor molecules, as the most of import.
The ?-CD have a really of import function in the processing and fabric invention. In add-on to holding features that contribute to the environment, have greater handiness due to its easy production, monetary value, repairing installation in fabric surfaces and the size of the pit that makes it suited to host a assortment of molecules ( BHASKARA-AMRITet Al., 2011 ) .
The overall end is to utilize propolis complexed with ?-cyclodextrin in infirmary fabrics, proving its anti-inflammatory action, antifungal and bacteriacide.
Specific ends and challenges:
- Properly pull out the propolis ;
- Complex molecules extracted from the rosin with ?-cyclodextrin ;
- Check the interaction between the complexing agent and the substrate ;
- Check the interaction of molecules complexed with the fabric article ;
- Test the opposition against rinsing, drying and sterilisation ;
- To measure the credence by professionals who use the article ;
- Test environmental impact on the fabric rinsing procedures / disinfection, drying and sterilisation.
- MATERIALS AND METHODS
The stuffs that will be used are mentioned below.
Fabric made with 100 % cotton.
It is proposed the usage of ?-cyclodextrin.
- Analytic graduated table ;
- Magnetic scaremonger ;
- Washer ;
The disintegration will happen in a 7/3 solution ( ethanol/propolis ) for 1 hr with the temperature maintained at 70 °C in a H2O bath. This method aims to take all the flavonoid compounds.
- Factorial experiment
The factorial design 2? will be used to measure the influence of parametric quantities on the interaction between propolis, the substrate and the ?-cyclodextrin, and therefore take what the parametric quantities values for the duplicability analysis.
Table 1 shows the variables and degrees for the factorial design 2? used.
Table 1– Variables and degrees for the factorial design
The inclusion composite was prepared by physically blending. In this method, the molecule to be encapsulated ( propolis ) was added, in liquid province, together with the ?-CD in molar proportions of 1: 1 and 1.5: 1- ( ?-CD: propolis ) .
After complexation, the formed stuff was impregnated in the cloth. This impregnation consists in plunging the substrate in a VAT incorporating the complexing substance. Then, the cloth passes through a roller system in order to administer the compound uniformly throughout the substrate. Finally, the article goes to the drying procedure, which will do the concluding complex arrested development.
- Washing and drying
After complexation, it is necessary to rinse to verify the interaction between the propolis, ?-CD and the fabric article. The lavation occurs at 40 ° C in H2O solution ( ratio 1:50 ) incorporating soap ( 2.5 gL-1 ) for 40 proceedingss. Then, the cloth was rinsed in running H2O for 5 proceedingss. The drying was performed for 50 proceedingss.
- Bactericidal and Fungicidal Activity
This analysis is performed with the phonograph record impregnation method with the impregnated cloth made with 100 millimeters diameter. To this terminal, the phonograph record will be left in an oven, along withStaphylococcus aureusbacteriums andCandida albicansFungis.
- “ ALL ABOUT BEE PROPOLIS. ” ALL ABOUT BEE PROPOLIS. Web. 4 May 2015. & A ; lt ; hypertext transfer protocol: //www.bees-products.com/ ? p=propolis & A ; gt ; .
- ARAUJO, J. , CARVALHO, M.D. “ Fabricacao de produto a base de propolis no combate a formacao de biofilme microbiologico na industria de alimentos” GEINTEC – Gestao, Inovacao e Tecnologias [ Online ] , 5.1 ( 2015 ) : 1674-1682. Web. 3 Mai. 2015
- “ Beeswax and Propolis. ” Beeswax and Propolis. Web. 4 May 2015. & A ; lt ; hypertext transfer protocol: //www.klausesbees.com/beeswax.html & A ; gt ; .
- Bhaskara-Amrit, U.R. ; Pramod, B.A. ; Warmoeskerken, M.C.G.Applications of ? –cyclodextrins in fabrics. AUTEX Research Journal, 2011, 11: 94-101.
- Dos Santos Pereira, Alberto, Fernando Rodrigues Mathias Silva Seixas, and Francisco Radler De Aquino Neto. “ PROPOLIS: 100 ANOS DE PESQUISA E SUAS PERSPECTIVAS FUTURAS. ” Quimica Nova, 1 May 2002. Web. 4 May 2015. & A ; lt ; hypertext transfer protocol: //www.scielo.br/pdf/qn/v25n2/10460.pdf & A ; gt ; .
- LOFTSSON, T.Cyclodextrin and the Biopharmaceutics categorization system of drugs. Journal of Inclusion Phenomena and Macrocyclic Chemistry, 2002, 44: 63-67.
- PERIN, P.Comparacao de metodos de determinacao da constante de formacao de complexos de inclusao. Maestro ‘s thesis, Curso de Pos – Graduacao em Engenharia Quimica, Universidade Estadual de Maringa , 2011.
- “ Propolis. ” Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation. Web. 4 May 2015. & A ; lt ; hypertext transfer protocol: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propolis & A ; gt ; .
- “ Propolis: Biological and Pharmacological Activities. Curative Uses of This Bee-product | Castro | Annual Review of Biomedical Sciences. ” Annual Review of Biomedical Sciences. 1 Mar. 2001. Web. 4 May 2015. & A ; lt ; hypertext transfer protocol: //arbs.biblioteca.unesp.br/index.php/arbs/article/view/1806-8774.2001v3p49/15 & A ; gt ; .
- “ Propolis Functions as the Immune System of the Beehive. ” Black Hills Honey Farm. 31 Aug. 2014. Web. 4 May 2015. & A ; lt ; hypertext transfer protocol: //blackhillshoneyfarm.com/2014/08/propolis-functions-as-the-immune-system-of-the-beehive/ & A ; gt ; .
- RAMOS, D.G.G.Texteis cirurgicos reutilizaveis vitamin E seu impacte ambiental. Dissertacao de mestrado, Curso de Pos-graduacao mutton quad Quimica textil, Universidade do Minho, 2003.
- Valenzuela-Barra, Gabriela, and Consuelo Castro. “ Anti-inflammatory Activity and Phenolic Profile of Propolis from Two Locations in Region Metropolitana De Santiago, Chile. ” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 20 June 2015. Web. 4 May 2015. & A ; lt ; hypertext transfer protocol: //www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378874115002020 & A ; gt ; .